The picture above is of my great great grandparents, John and Mary Stacey, and probably their 4 youngest children.
Their youngest son George was born in 1882 so that would date this photograph mid to late 1880s.
I will start my thoughts with John and Mary who are the maternal branch of my family.

Sunday 19 May 2013

Emigration to Australia

As I wrote in a previous entry my parents emigrated to Australia in 1967. After mum's death my brother and I were going through her papers and found the following documents. 

The first is the identification document they were issued with, instead of a passport, which allowed them to enter Australia.  They went on the assisted £10 emigration package.



In 1995 mum applied for Australian Citizenship.  Not sure why she waited 26 years before doing so. 


 This is her receiving the certificate after, I presume,  swearing an oath.


No comments:

Post a Comment