The picture above is of my great great grandparents, John and Mary Stacey, and probably their 4 youngest children.
Their youngest son George was born in 1882 so that would date this photograph mid to late 1880s.
I will start my thoughts with John and Mary who are the maternal branch of my family.

Sunday 9 February 2014

Mum's Bible

My mother's Bible was a special edition which was published in 1937 for the Coronation of King George VI  and Queen Elizabeth (Queen Mother) on 12th May of that year.  Unfortunately it is rather the worse for wear with loose pages and old sellotape.  Also the spine is missing.


In the back mum has written the date of her confirmation which was on 25th April 1937. 


Also to commemorate her Confirmation she was given this little red book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment